You know how you never knew you needed something until you had it? For me, it’s these damn carrot cake cookies. I’m obsessed. They taste so good and they’re clean so you can’t even regret eating one (or two). A few years back, my now sister-in-law got me this cooking book by Cookie & Kate. The Love Real Food is a whole foods and vegetarian cookbook. You can buy it on Amazon below for less than $20 if you’re interested.
Back to these cookies. Kate did an awesome job at creating these delicious things and I’m so grateful for her book! Healthy, easy, and great with a hot pumpkin spiced coffee.
- One cup of quick-cooking oats
- One cup of whole wheat flour
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon fine sea salt
- Quarter teaspoon of ground ginger
- One and a half cups of peeled and grated carrots
- One cup of roughly chopped raw pecans
- Quarter cup of golden raisins
- Half cup of honey
- Half cup of melted coconut oil⠀
Mix it all together and scoop out one-inch balls onto a baking sheet. Flatten with a spatula or your hand. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes and enjoy!
***This recipe is not mine and I’m not claiming it as my own.